Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resolutions: 1-1-11

With my affinity for list-making, I'm sure it comes as no surprise that I had listed so many resolutions that I had to categorize them. 
Silly Resolutions 
...that I had to make on the off chance that this year, my resolve will actually stick.
...to be completely honest, I make these same resolutions every single Sunday night
Ex: "This week I'm going to _ _ _ _ _  and it's going to be the best week ever because I'm going to change my life and once I change my life I'll be able to change everyone else's lives and they they will change everyone else's lives and then we won't have to make movies like Saving Private Ryan where people die because we will have world peace and war will be a foreign concept."

PERSONAL GROWTH
Procrastinate Less {This is a resolution renewal from last year!!}/Be on Time More/Go on Facebook Less/Blog More/Criticize Less/Smile More

PHYSICAL GROWTH
Exercise* for 30 minutes** a day
[here I so desperately want to say something like 'exercise more,' {the open ended resolutions are much more difficult to break - all I would have to do is squeeze in one extra run in this year to actually 'stick with it'} however I have already tried this tactic and it is not nearly as motivating]
* this is anything from a 30 minute walk outside, to the 30 Day Shred with Jillian
** this can be broken down into two 15 minute segments, three 10 minute segments, or, if I'm really desperate, six 5 minute segments. 
Wear my retainer 


Actual Resolutions
Be Less Negative and More Positive!!
Always Try to Find The Good/Wonderful/Beautiful in everything.
and blog about it here!!
At the end of the day, all of these resolutions, "silly" and "actual" {except maybe for the one about the retainer} are to help me...
Appreciate the Present Moment
To bring this in a neat circle, I looked up my blog on resolutions from last year [As all of them were open ended, I did fairly well {except I definitely ate at souplantation twice last week and definitely didn't stop eating when I was full}.
In addition to getting a kick out of what I did and didn't do in 2010, I found this little snippet, and found it to still be extremely pertinent. 

I am not going to wait around to be the person I hope to become. 
I am going to LIVE activelyLOVE fully, and remember that all of this resolution making and breaking is a part of learning how to live and love just a little bit better






If I break one of my resolutions, oh well. 
This will be great practice for Real Life when things won't always go my way.
Thankfully, there is always tomorrow. 
And every tomorrow I will wake up and try to live better and love more.
photo from wholeliving.com 
and yes, I did repost this photo from an earlier blog because it is just so beautiful and so perfect when referencing tomorrows.

No comments: