So far I have found:
- ...my life in school ID cards [see below]
- A frequent yogurt card (apparently I went twice before loosing it)
- a gift card to American Eagle (SCORE!!!!)
- 51 EMPTY Starbucks cards nestled in a nice Tiffany & Co. Box. Evidence that my collection obsession followed me to work.
- 5 disposable cameras. One used.
- 3 Tiffany's bags and two boxes (half of me wants to stand outside the store in Pasadena and sell the bags to any ingenious/unsuspecting shoppers for some needed lunch money)
- the zebra glasses case I used to keep littlest petshop creatures inside
- a nice collection of pennies
- a protractor (...?)
- a guide to Barcelona
- FIVE decks of cards (scratch that, SIX because I just opened my bathroom drawer and found another)
- Two little brass keys in a box that I have no recollection of ever seeing before (meaning I have no idea what they unlock)
- 3 wallets (empty)
- 10 euros
- Yen (from my trip to japan my junior year of high school)
- 3 mirrors
- 3 tins of mints
- Pins from my time at Starbucks!! (Someone thought I was welcoming!!!!)
- 2 calendars... neither used
- sketches of the outfits I planned to show at my "recycled runway" fashion show -- noteworthy notes include:
- bottle cap earrings
- shoes = feet wrapped in twine
- tire-rubber bike shorts
- verbs pg. 109 and pg. 114 (apparently these were designed on top of my spanish homework)
- a note titled "To My Groupies" --
- "Before we all leave for college, we need to promise each other that we will have coffee and share padilla memories"
- four economics flash cards
- a wrist thing from The Standard (this makes me sound much more glamorous than I really am)
- a note titled "Dear Douche Bag" with a bible verse underneath
- two pairs of chopsticks
- recipe clip outs
- an accordion folder of my receipts. I cannot bear to throw this away as one day I am sure I will use this as evidence for A. the ongoing case study that I'm conducting on myself and B. my new theory that people with polar opposite personalities should not mate (thanks Mom - INTJ and Dad - ENFP)
PHOTO EVIDENCE:
1. My ID cards
2. The accordion file of receipts
3. The flow from the first yoga class I ever instructed*
{*amateur instruction as I am not certified yet [one day!!]. This was when I was a camp counselor!!}
4. Sketches from spanish class
[quite possibly the reason I'm still not fluent]
5. a doodle
6. Evidence that I was interested in Inside Out Feminism* at a young age
[*more to come on this topic]
7. The glasses case I used to carry Littlest PetShop* creatures inside
...until I went to college
*the original Littlest PetShop. Not the creepy bug-eyed excuse for toys Hasbro is selling under the moniker of "Littlest Pet Shop"
8. The six decks of cards and box of small keys
9. Oogie. Oogie deserves a post of his own so check back for this :)
But while we're here, I have to give a quick thanks to my lovely freshman roommate, Julia.
You made freshman year amazing and I love that we
adopted this dog as our own 2 dimensional mascot.
The scariest thing about all of this is that all of that (plus the normal things like sunglasses and altoids that I didn't think were originally worthy of mentioning) came from ONE DRESSER. The one dresser that happens to be my smallest dresser. I still have two closets, three dressers, a desk, a bathroom and a bedroom to unpack.
This is before I can unpack any of my current life.
Until then, I will continue to live out of a half-unpacked suitcase and I will continue to wear the ridiculously uncomfortable underwear that got left behind from my college days {I now understand why}.












1 comment:
oogie!
Post a Comment