my mom.
This morning I announced to my mom that I was having a bad day
...so she promptly went to Barns and Noble and bought this:
I am not sure how many of you lovely readers know, but in addition to being a vegetarian, I am gluten-free. This is a challenge for my mom because, in her words, "I love to cook for you, but I don't know how or what to make." And, especially when I am having a bad day, my mom wants to feed me.
[Here is where it was a bit of a team effort because my dad went online to look for cookbooks to help my mom on her hunt].
That problem was solved tonight on page 96 of
The Gluten-Free Vegetarian Kitchen:
BLACK BEAN ENCHILADAS!!
And let me tell you, they were DELICIOUS!!
And let me tell you, they were DELICIOUS!!
My omnivorous, gluten-eating parents loved them as well!!*
*Wonderful parents that they are have decided to partake in Meatless Mondays and become partial vegetarians :):)
But most importantly, this was a true labor of love. Thank you so much mom and dad for eating with me, accepting me, and loving me -- complete with my quirks and bad days. I love you both so much. Thank you.



No comments:
Post a Comment