Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My Wedding



I know it is a long way off [and I mean LONG way off -- no ring, no groom] but I would be lying if I told you that I did not regularly plan my wedding.
Maybe it is because I like to plan, or maybe it is because I like dinner parties {and a wedding is the Ultimate Dinner Party} or maybe it is because I am a girl and this is what we are socialized to do, but I absolutely love daydreaming about my wedding.
And more than that I love looking at engagement pictures. But I know why I like to do this... because I absolutely love love {as we know} and I love seeing other people in love {all throughout Spain I took what one of my best friends calls "creepy couple pictures" -- pictures of anything from handholding to intimate PDA} and engagement pictures are the perfect marriage {pun totally intended} of the two.


As I have now let you into 
this little secret, 
I will begin to add wedding plans 
to this blog:


I have decided that during my wedding my new husband and I will dance to this song:





also my mom and I have begun to collect 





 So that we can hang them from the trees with tea lights and cluster them all over the place. 


And lastly, my friends and I have decided that my invitations will most likely be on the reverse side of old brown grocery bags. But don't worry, they will still be very elegant. Just elegant with a purpose. 


Next Week:
Potential bridesmaid dress colors
Fun ideas for flowers


I hope your week is full of daydreams as well!! xxooo

1 comment:

JamieRyan said...

I enjoyed the Willy Wonka song so much that I started to feel guilty for not admitting that I read your blog all the time! So I am admitting it :) Phew. This is Jamie from high school gov/econ by the way...and I am the creepiest person on the planet?