So today was THAT DAY:
{I know you all probably have some idea of what I mean when I say "THAT DAY" but I have a feeling that we all have our own definitions of "THAT DAY" and to be completely honest, I have multiple definitions for "THOSE DAYS" ranging from "the kind of day when almost nothing goes according to schedule" to "the kind of day where my brain never fully catches up to my body" (or vice-versa)
It started when I walked outside in the nice San Diego sun to move my car.
Two hours later I walked outside and thought to myself [as I looked at my wet car] "Really sprinklers!? The grass is over HERE."
And then I realized that I was dealing with some heavy duty sprinklers because they had not only gotten my car wet, but my neighbors car and the whole entire sidewalk wet... and then I realized that EVERYTHING was wet and then I realized that IT HAD RAINED. Still in disbelief, I looked out at all of the other cars on Mission Boulevard [well out of the way of the suspect sprinklers] and came to the conclusion that either A. The Phantom Street Sweepers HAD in fact come and cleaned not only the street but the cars as well OR B. IT HAD RAINED.
... and then I remembered that it was January, which is considered to be Winter, meaning that rain is definitely not atypical.
It was then that it hit me.
I have only lived at the beach for one week and two days and I am already very, very spoiled.
{not that I don't LOVE the rain, because I absolutely do... it is just that after one week and one day of blue skies and sun, one kind of forgets what month she is in}
No comments:
Post a Comment