Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

because TODAY is as good as any other day VI


But now, life has handed me a reason to push the reset button. 
I have a job.

my heart: 
Now!
Here's your chance!
Your chance to do everything differently!

my head:
Kendra, you tried this already, remember? Need I remind you that you have tried this at every pivotal point in your life (when you got glasses, when you got braces, every first day of school... should I go on? or is this embarrassing?), yet you are no closer to being a Type A person than you are to turning into a turkey and eating yourself for dinner. 


... do I really want to be Type A anyway?
no.
... do I actually enjoy being Type B when it's not the root cause of my irritating other people? (being late...)
yes.
...I think it suits me :)


However, in this busy bustling world, Type As are often favorable (they're organized, they're on time, they're not running around with a zillion bags and only one shoe on...). 


Hence my desire to turn myself into a Type Aer before my new job.


And while I do routinely argue with my mom about the benefits of being Type B (we're more whimsical!! and we're dreamers!! and we invent things like the Copper Hopper* in our spare time!!)... sometimes (as she so kindly reminds me) in life we have to do things we don't want to do (laundry) and be something we weren't necessarily designed to be (Type A).


And while I would never, ever, advocate being something that you're not, I would advocate challenging yourself to try new things -- new routines, new organizing tactics, new ways of managing yourself so you are not constantly loosing something because you were lost yourself in another one of your daydreams...




But while you're here... trying to push your Reset Button, remember who you really are and don't forget that buried advice from Body & Soul magazine - 
just because you ate a brownie for breakfast doesn't mean you are doomed to eat unhealthily for the rest of the day. 
You have the entire afternoon to try again and do better.

so here's to all of the reasons [and non reasons] you and I are doing things better today :)
xxx


*more later
photo flickr CC here

1 comment:

Nereida said...

YAY for landing a job! where will you be working?? :)