The other day I sat up and announced to Sam
"From this moment on, I will be a Type A person!"
...
"Oh! I didn't know people could change those things," he said from the closet.
"Well, you will just have to see then!" I shot back from the couch where I was perched in my sweat pants and socks,
... four minutes later I was still perched in my sweat pants and socks and no closer to being a Type A person than I was to having my running shoes on (which I had intended to do -5 minutes ago when Sam put his New Balances on, prompting the foolish "I will be a Type A person!" announcement) ... [as usual, I had gotten distracted en rout. This time my distractor was my itunes "getting ready" playlist... if I was going to be Type A I needed a suitable soundtrack to go along with this lifestyle change, right? cue "I Will Survive"].

No comments:
Post a Comment