Dearest Darlings,
I was rifling through the "edit posts" section of my bipity blog here and discovered that I had THIRTY FIVE unpublished blogs.
This really shouldn't have been as shocking to me as it was because my thoughts frequently interrupt themselves in real life AND in blogging life [as you well versed readers have clearly witnessed]
For Example: (talking with my mom earlier)
Me: ... and as much as I loved AP European History- why don't we ever eat at Dona Marias anymore?
Mom: [she's used to this by now] Well because they use a bit more fat than-
Me: La Cab? [short for La Cabinita, our FAVORITE Mexican restaurant]
Mom: Yes and taco deli and... you were saying something about European History?
Me: oh yes. So... as much as I loved AP European History, wait, what were we talking about before this?
Mom: ... I can't really remember.
A Photo Example:
{I took this photo on one of Sam and my Balboa Park outings! It's downright Dr. Seussen, don't you think?}
Another example: (talking with my dad. the man I inherited these tangent genes from)
Me: [while drawing a diagram on a napkin]... and another subcategory is language, and a third subcategory is media and underneath media we have many other subcategories - like that article I was telling you about! You know that article I was telling you about? I want to study those women! [drawing an arrow to the word PSYCHOLOGY]... and why our brains work this way! [Drawing an arrow to BIOLOGY]... and how much is 'nature' and how much is 'nurture' [Drawing an arrow to DEVELOPMENT]
Dad: [takes a red pen and draws an arrow from PSYCHOLOGY to this sign --> $$] Money.
Me: What?
Dad: They do it for money. You know its like Lindsey Lohan.
Me: [??]
and here is where our conversation went from Lindsey Lohan to Newspapers to Muslims to Men to The Crusades to How To Not Commit Logical Fallacies (watch out dad, I took logic -- sorry I ever doubted you and your GE's, USD <-- perfect example of how I interrupt myself. Now I'm thinking about logic which makes me think of my professor who I had a total crush on (even though he was gay... he was just so smart!... and dreamy. I couldn't help myself! I also took him for Philosophy and he was even more dreamy in that class. Combine adorable professors with Plato and I'm just a goner. That's a cave I almost want to stay in. [Just kidding Mr. Padilla]) and I used to creep on his blog [HE WROTE ABOUT ME ONCE!! Well, not directly, but he did mention, and I quote, the "student who gave me thank you note" !!!!!!! That was ME!!!! It was orange.) which makes me think of his partner (I creeped on him too. It was just too precious. His partner would comment on every one of my professors blog posts... talk about love [hint hint]) and his partners "about me" said something about leaving the toothpaste cap off ... and I'm sure now you are completely confused why you even started reading this in the first place! I'm sorry back to
My Main Point: Even inside my own example I couldn't help but interrupt myself
Lately it's been worse because all of a sudden I'll tune back into my own daydream and realize that I've been reliving an ancient shopping experience -- I was with my godmother at the natural food grocery store that used to live down the street from my house...
...then I remembered my old 6th grade teacher who I saw near there and and that made me think of owl pellets... and my old pet rats [I know you're still here in spirit Lady Galadriel, Mandy, Half-Caf and Latte!! Bet you didn't know that I had 13 rats at one point! Yep!! We had two girl rats and one of them had this huge tumor that turned out to be 11 baby rats!! We kept two and had to give the others away because we already were growing a small menagerie at the Osburn house -- two fish [love you too Thunder and Lightening!! I think of you every time it rains!!] one bunny [dear Muffin. Such a lop of love. Clearly she was a lop-eared bunny], two guineas [Basil and Reepicheep, I carried Basil around with me Junior year of high school... before I read stargirl but further confirming that she and I would definitely make great friends had I lived in that book. I love singing Happy Birthday!! but I would have to learn to play the ukulele first] and two dogs [Dustin and Ginger]. For a while we would attempt to socialize our dogs and rats during "Ratty Time" where we would let the rats run all over my parents bed (what were they thinking?) and the dogs would watch them and sniff them and we would all play together!! Oh there is noting like the joy only a small rodent can give!! I miss them all so much.
... what were we talking about?
Originally I was just trying to preface an old unpublished blog I was about to post, but I will save that for later now :)
If you've made it this far, thank you for reading, listening and letting me free associate. Freud was right. It's totally is cathartic. Added bonus: because this is free, I don't have to pay a hefty sum for some psychoanalysis!!
So thank you. Thank you for sticking with me.
All the love in a veggie pot pie,
Kendra
1 comment:
Oh man this is excellent. I love it. It makes me think of our conversations on this very subject, which makes me think of Jim from the Office (completely erroneously I might add, I thought he directed brief conversations with hideous men, but its brief interviews...), which makes me think of the british office, which makes me think of Oliver, which makes me think of Ecuador, which makes me think of Guinea pigs and edible ants, which makes me think of your Guinea and- concurrently- your rats. Which brings us in a nice circle. Back to your piece.
Never wonder why we are dating
Amor,
Squid one
Post a Comment