Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Red Pens & Ricola


After a weekend of feeling completely out of place in my own body (thanks, hormones) it is just so nice to feel like I am finally in the right place. 

It's 1:34 in the morning at SLP 403B and we're working on our school newspaper. I'm surrounded by editors, artists, macbooks, red pens, Ricola wrappers (three of us have a cough that we're praying doesn't turn into walking pneumonia,  and one of us just really enjoys the "herbal benefits" of "Natural Swiss Cough Drops") and the creative energies of seven students half-hopped up Mucinex, half-hopped up on the hope that we're doing something really great. 

We are slowly starting to loose our minds (we've been at this for almost 14 hours now and we've reached that point where we're almost seriously considering turning news headlines into inappropriate innuendos)... but somehow I am so happy to be here (one editor believes my excitement is do to too much Vicks VapoRub but I know deep down my love is real). 


{I hope that forty one years from now someone 
will find our picture and wish to be like us too}

No comments: