Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Just M me while you're gone...


While BBM and text messaging have revolutionized mediated communication, I still find that they fall short in many regards. Sometimes (most of the time) I, like my mother, feel like all of this newfangled technology isn't really progress. While I like that I can now check my email instantly and really make use of the grocery store line, I dislike that people now have new/higher expectations. I like the added ease of instant communication, I dislike the added stress of it. 
But times like right now, I wish that BBM (Blackberry Messenger) was even more advanced. I wish that BBM was just M and there was no need for a Blackberry or phones or computers because our veins would just call out and speak to one another letting each other know if/when the other is needed. 

Dear Friend,
I know where you're going there are no blackberries. I know there is probably not going to be a good internet connection. I know that you will be on a different time zone and on a different sleep schedule and be leading an entirely different life, but I hope that we will M enough (however that may be) for you to know that I will think of you daily, miss you often and send my love with many hugs your way when you pop into my mind.


2 comments:

Kara Kimball said...

LOVE

j.robin said...

i happened upon this while at work, fretting about the countless things i had to do...
i think i received an M that told me to check this. <3