Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Road Trip: SUNDAY


It is the very first night of Sam and my ROAD TRIP!! 
We got off to a semi late start {we intentionally slept in so that we would be fresh for our drive...and then Sam went on a run and I did the 30 Day Shred... and then Sam had to cut all of what I attempted to pack in half so that we could fit it into the car... and then I tried to fit a bag of 24 full sized carrots into the car while Sam glared at me "Yes, now we have packed the entire house"... and then I lost the keys only to get the spare out and find the actual set sitting gracefully on top of an already packed bag during our first pit stop} and ended up sitting in traffic all the way from Ventura to Santa Barbara {...Memorial Day Weekend} so that by the time we arrived in Santa Barbara we were exhausted {our original plan was to make it up to Big Sur. We were only four hours behind schedule}
In the spirit of our "NO PLAN, PLAN," we attempted to camp in three different campsites but all were filled {... Memorial Day Weekend}. So we moved inland and found a wonderfully secluded campsite up here:

We continued up the road and found a campsite tucked away into the mountain.
It is absolutely gorgeous up here. 
~
Currently I am sitting in our "nest" as we call it [please see below -- I will let you know how well we slept tomorrow] {it was my job to make the bed while Sam got the fire/dinner ready} watching Sam swat mosquitos and thinking that this is an excellent start to what will surely be an excellent road trip.
More to come!!

No comments: