For those of you who do not know, Balderdash is the "classic bluffing game." As it "rewards knowledge and creativity" it has been a favorite board game now for a while {we even played it at my birthday party when I was younger}. First there is the "dasher" (essentially the "dealer"). She draws a card (on the card are five topics - words, initials, "laughable laws," "peculiar people" and movies) and then chooses whichever one [for example, movies] she likes best/thinks is most funny/will easily dupe us etc.. The other players then listen to the title of the movie [for example, "Delivery Boys"] and attempt to come up with their own short synopsis [or definition for words/claim to fame for people etc.] The actual answer gets thrown in with the fake ones and everyone guesses which one she believes is the actual answer. Points are awarded if you guess the correct answer and if someone else guesses your answer. As I am sure you can tell, this was absolutely hilarious.
I thought I would share some of
my favorite answers:
{for the category "people"}
Antonio Buzzacchino
[my answer] The first person to discover the bio-medical benefits of goat's milk.
[actual answer] The first person to discover the perm
---
{for the category "movies"}
Clodhopper
**title reference**
[my answer] Set in post World War II France, Clodhopper is the story of a young displaced soldier attempting to find his amnesiac grandmother who has assumed the Identity of a Miss Virginia Clodhopper.
[actual answer] cannot remember
---
{for the category "laughable laws" again}
((Law from St. Paul)
[my answer] "In St. Paul Minnesota you are not allowed to hang" ... mistletoe in restaurants, bars, or coffee shops.
[Morgan's answer] ... people after sunset.
---
{for the category "initials"}
[Morgan's answer] ... people after sunset.
---
{for the category "initials"}
[my first try] Cricket Keepers .......
[my answer] Children Keeping Drugs (and someone actually voted for this one!!)
[actual answer] Certified Kitchen Designer
---
{for the category "laughable laws"}
((Law from a city I now cannot remember))
[my answer] "In (town I cannot remember) it is not permitted for women to wear"... baseball caps inside supermarkets after an unfortunate situation in 1997 where a woman was mistaken for a man.
[actual answer] High healed shoes with a hight of more than an inch and a half.
We could not stop laughing.
I hope these made your day like they made mine!!

No comments:
Post a Comment