Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Star-Mate


I have spent the last few days wanting to write, and attempting to write, but no matter what came out, I could not adequately express myself.

Then I got this email from someone who is undeniably my star-mate (stargirl soulmate)...
If I'm going to be honest, I spent most of my Easter break feeling bad about myself, wondering what it is I am supposed to do with my time. I was feeling friend-less and misunderstood.

But then today, I don't know what, but something in me changed. I knew I needed to get my act together. I am not made for wallowing. Yes, sometimes I do feel this empty space in me, but empty spaces are also made for filling. So I applied for internships and i registered for classes. I checked things off my to-do list. I ate a bowl of spinach, and I did well on my comm criticism test. I smiled because I remembered I'm not defined by the happiness others give me, and I certainly am not about to let sadness define me either.
...and my own life made more sense. 

Dearest Star-Mate, 
You are such an inspiration. 
Thank you for absolutely everything - 
who you are, how you love, and for being such a wonderful friend.
All of my love,

No comments: