Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Excuse me sir, on what isle may I find my life?



If you know anything about me,
you know that I love grocery shopping
I often invent reasons to go to the grocery store.
I usually overspend...
and I always buy things I don't really need.
(Today it was "Pumpkin Spread" and because the little sign said it would be good with cream cheese, I bought that too... and realized that Trader Joes has a surprisingly large selection of cream cheeses... so I naturally had to read all of the labels to decide which was the best one. I decided on Normal Cream Cheese [I added "normal" because it was the only one that had four ingredients and was not trying to smuggle me some xantham gum])

The other day Sam told me in a surprisingly stern voice "If we ever share a refridgerator, you will be given a list and you will not be allowed to buy anything that is not on that list." (The italics is where he emphasized)

Today I went to the grocery store and overspent. By a lot. 
My excuse: I did not have a spare stash of quinoa, Vitamin B is something I need, I am absolutely craving a caprese salad, one can never have to much hot sauce, the last time I looked for vegetable broth I did not have any and I had to buy the Pumpkin Spread because I have attempted to give up chocolate for lent so nutella is out of the question. 

I will keep you updated on what I make
with my NEW GROCERIES!!

Right Now:
Caprese Salad

Tonight:
Vegetable Soup

Until then, my your days be as wonderful 
as this Pumpkin Spread.

{image from my very own kitchen!!}

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

haha seriously...trader joe's is deadly. have you tried their mango passion torta cotta?? its right next to the ice cream and perfectly deadly!!

Caitie said...

i am laughing o u t l o u d.

Samthropology said...

And tomorrow...or in a week or two, sam cleans out the fridge of all the things I forgot I had! Hahaha.
But honestly, this is one of my favorite things about you. I wouldn't change it for anything