Pages

Saturday, December 26, 2009

It is almost Daylight

I think it is my denial that is keeping me up at 5 in the morning. 
I am NOT ready to put "Christmas with the Rat Pack" and "Nutcracker Suite" back in their cabinet for another WHOLE YEAR {sometimes around Spring semester finals, I have been known to bust out Mariah's "All I want for Christmas" but I usually feel extremely guilty after the song is over so... maybe not this year}.
---
As I unpacked these past four months onto my bedroom floor and attempted to integrate them into the last 21 years of my life, I got lost around year 15 {As a junior in [ahh] High School I did not study for my classes like the good student (I thought) I was. Instead, I routinely opted to "Spring Clean" [a.k.a. Throw Everything Everywhere] in the winter... This unpacking process seemed strangely familiar}.

While there are some things about high school I would rather not remember, and stories I wish I would forget, I would not have changed one bit of it.
...because it made me who I am, and because it lead me to right here. And here I am happy.
So very happy. 

"We cut the legs off of our pants, threw our shoes into the ocean"  
Daylight/Matt and Kim

No comments: