Now, in an effort to avoid the aforementioned cognitive dissonance of unlived dreams, I spend an unfortunate amount of my time hiding this heap of
Things I Will Do One Day
in the corner of my closet and adding to it whenever I find advice from Body & Soul, a recipe from the Gluten-Free Goddess, a scrap of fabric from a decrepit pair of pants, or book someone has lent me under the misguided notion that I will actually have the time to read it (maybe this is what retirement is for? Or by then will I just be able to download Speak Spanish Now! software into my brain Matrix style and be fluent by way of a flash drive?). I only stop to worry about this
Life I'm Not Leading
when a lone shoe gets sucked into the dementor-like vortex
the pile has now created.
photo from here

No comments:
Post a Comment