They attempt to be cool and "speak your language," going so far as using acronyms when they text/email...
... even though this usually backfires and they usually end up just sounding like their less cool (but totally adorable) selves anyway.
Example 1:
LMHO
I just caught that in an email from my dad --
I'm ASSuming that this means "Laughing My HINEY Off"
Oh dear dad, I love how you're so PC, even in your acronyms
* This is the man who manages not to swear even when he spills his diet coke all over the car
Example 2:
WE R WD
The first time I got this I had no idea what it meant. My dad just assumed I would know that WD stood for "Walking Dogs" and not Weird Dads. I'd say this was a bold assumption.
Example 3:
GTBYD
Okay this one I love so much because it's short for Glad To Be Your Dad. I often shoot this one back as Glad To Be Your Daughter. This is when texting with your parents is actually truly precious.
Example 4:
*$s
This one I actually invented when I worked at Star(*)Bucks($) but I never intended to have it used outside of a hastily handwritten sticky note. However, I have to hand it to him. This is pretty clever.
ABOVE: email evidence

1 comment:
Haha these are awesome. My mom has this thing where she ignores punctuation in text message, so they end up reading "We're out to dinner French restaurant I should have named you Colette." Gorgeous blog background, by the way!
Post a Comment