[NOTE: In no way am I using this post as a mini soap box to brag about myself. If at any point you begin to think that maybe I am bragging, remind yourself that this is extremely abhorrent behavior for me, and instead use this moment to feel grateful that you are in fact you, and not me, who is often debilitatingly scatterbrained (as you witness most days on this blog)]
- This morning I woke up {BEFORE MY ALARM}
- and got straight to work [strange thing #1 -- usually I lollygag around and complain to myself for at least 30 minutes before actually sitting down to work on my To Do list] on The Vista feature article [titled - Political Cheat Sheet: How to Sound Smart When Talking Politics]
- after realizing that I could not eloquently write another word about a proposition, I decided to take a break and work out [strange thing #2]
- but en rout to working out, I realized that I needed to do laundry, and through some quick calculating, computed that Tuesday morning (right then) was the only possible time I could do laundry this week. So I did my laundry [strange thing #3 -- it is actually too embarrassing to attempt to calculate just how few times I did my laundry this year] and worked out while it washed.
- Between working out and showering I removed my laundry from the washer and put it into the dryer [strange thing #4 -- usually I forget it's in there]
- and hopped in the shower where I proceeded not to start daydreaming [strange thing #5 -- for some reason, I often get lost in my shower. Maybe it is the steam, but for some reason I can never remember what it is I got in there to do].
- I then got out and cleaned the drain [strange thing #6....?].
- After brushing my teeth and hair I proceeded to bake cookies and gluten free banana bread [strange things #7 and #8 -- I haven't baked cookies since September and I have never, ever made banana bread, let alone gluten free banana bread (which, if I may be so bold, was absolutely decadent)] I then went to school and proceeded to be my less-than-productive usual self until I got home,
- where I folded my laundry [strange thing #9 -- usually I just let it sit there until I get soo annoyed by the routine ruffling that I put the laundry away, half of which is re-dirty by this point]
- and made myself a cup of tea.
If I didn't know better, I would have thought that I had been kidnapped.
Maybe someone is borrowing my head, and I'm now borrowing theirs.
Yes. That is clearly the most likely solution.

1 comment:
"I'm convinced this is what happens-someone-and I wish I knew who because I would have words for this person-for a short time, borrows my head. Like a battery is borrowed from a calculator to power a remote control, someone, always is borrowing my head."
Post a Comment