Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

For I DO read the memos: Beirut

As if it isn't bad enough that I JUST discovered Eat Pray Love and The Hangover, 30 minutes ago I realized that my musical taste has been vacationing along with my literary and film taste on the temperate island of Behind the Times


I was scrolling through my ipod determined to find a CD that had not been loved and listened to within an inch of its enharmonic intervals, when I came across Beirut. 


If there is such a thing as "love at first listen" I definitely experienced it this evening.
If you mixed Yann Tiersen's accordion with Ewan McGregor's vocals (circa Mulan Rouge) and sprinkled a little Sufjan Stevens on it, you would no doubt end up with Beirut



{while the music video is wonderful in its own right, I would recommend first time listeners forgo the visuals and just listen}


lalalalove.

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Kenny, I love this!