Every day more of my books and papers get covered with little circled "B"s. This means "to blog about later." ... later being, when I have time. But lately I have not had time. Life has gotten in the way.
But that is a running theme for me - "Life getting in the way" - and I am attempting for the 2,934 time to realize that actual life is always in the way. There is no place, outside of The Wood Between The Worlds (oh to live in the Narnia books) where everything stands still and there is uninterupted "life." (I put the quotes here because I do not believe there is such a thing. It is clearly a cultural myth that I was socialized into believed as a young girl watching Disney Movies. BAAH just kidding. Half kidding really... okay a quarter kidding. It's just hip to blame things. Especially Disney. But really I would have to blame our whole society which I am most definitely a part of and no one really wants to blame themselves and blame is a silly thing anyway so I guess the only thing to do at this point is to not blame and attempt to fix the situation. But how? I wish I knew. Really I did. If I could write Resocialization for Dummies, I would and I would figure out how to resocialize men into creatures who would never dream of peeing on the seat and I would resocialize everyone on Wall Street so that they cared less about making money and more about helping others and I would resocialize myself into believing that there is absolutely nothing about life that is perfect and striving for perfection is completely futile.)
The Point Is: I am going to continue to attempt to embrace the interrupted life. I am going to do my best not to save things "to blog about later."
But this is just the beginning. Thank goodness.
No comments:
Post a Comment