The first time I saw Sam, he was wearing a purple shirt. Four months later, I saw him again - and this time he saw me. “Nice glasses,” he said. “Thanks!’ I said. Three days later he handed me a shirt and complimented my bracelets. Two days after that, we moved a table together. “I like your pants” I said. “Thanks! They’re organic denim.” he said. “No way! I just bought my first organic dress last week!” I replied. Six minutes later we were talking about restaurants. “I have this place we absolutely have to go to. I mean, like, in a group” he corrected. The following Tuesday he walked me back to my dorm room. We talked about Jazz. The next Friday he called, and the following evening we went out to dinner. I wore my favorite shirt. We listened to Thelonious Monk on our way to the restaurant while chatting about the scenery. At dinner we ate tacos and talked about our likes and dislikes. I liked red doors and farmers markets. So did he.
A year and a half later, we have spent many more evenings listening to Thelonious Monk and talking about our likes and dislikes. Sam is now my boyfriend. We spend nights making dinner, afternoons having adventures and days growing up together. We laugh, we play, we argue and we support one another.
Sam is more than my boyfriend. Sam is my friend, my confidant, my partner in crime and the person who reminds me of who I am when I forget. He challenges me, encourages me and inspires me.
I still get butterflies when he calls.
I still get butterflies when he calls.
2 comments:
i want so many more details about this beautiful story.
You are the best.
I love you
Post a Comment