Yesterday, when I came home from school at 10:30 PM {I have Abnormal Psychology from 7-10 at night} I was hungry.
Currently in my refrigerator:
- two tupperware containers of brown rice
- one red pepper and one (wrinkly) green pepper
- celery/carrots/kale
- one can of {very old and sad} beer
- Italian soy sausage
- garlic cheese curd
- and the beats I baked yesterday!!
...that is it. And some raw milk... and condiments, but I am living [attempting to live] on a budget and when one is the kind of person that spends all of one's money at the grocery store, one tries to avoid Trader Joes as much as possible.
That leaves me here. With a refrigerator sans tofu, sans tortillas and sans zucchini [to name a few].
So I made soup.
"Italian Wedding Soup"
[please note the quotes as this "Italian Wedding Soup" has no meat and no wheat... it is vegetarian and gluten free!!]
Ingredients:
- brown rice (already cooked)
- carrots
- cellery
- Italian soy sausage
- garlic/onion
- vegetable broth
1. get out all of your pots and pans [if you are me]
2. put the vegetable broth in a stock pot and let it heat on very low heat
3. cook the onion and garlic (very slowly) in a frying pan
4. ... while browning the Italian sausage (I cut it into quarters)
5. as things brown, throw them into the stock pot
6. cut up the celery and carrots and cook them with a little oil in one of the pans
7. ... while that is cooking, add the (previously cooked) brown rice to the stock pot
8. when the carrots and celery are sufficiently blanched, add them to the pot
9. season to your liking
Hands on time: 30 min
Total Time: 30 min
Delicious Diner: Timeless
No comments:
Post a Comment