Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

One Week


In Madrid right now it is about 1:33 in the morning.
This is going to be something I miss when I am back home in Los Estados Unidos.
I will miss the Madridian schedule.
[What happens if I am hungry for dinner and its 10 at night? Where will I go?]

I have one week left here in Madrid.
It is hard to wrap my mind around the fact that I am leaving a place that I have called home for the past 4 months... when, most likely, I will never live here again.

It is strange to feel nostalgic 
for a place you have not left yet. 

Goodbyes are always hard, but what this one has been made harder because all of my organs have left my body to pursue their own interests. My brain is here in Spain studying for finals and working overtime. The left ventricle of my heart is home, with my friends and family, sitting by the fireplace, laughing over Cranium and crudites. The right ventricle of my heart is here in Madrid, wandering around the city, a little lost and a little broken, trying very hard to remember the sounds and the smells and every other sensation that this amazing experience has brought me. 
I wish my heart had a built in Polaroid camera. 

No comments: