Lucky for me I do not have that problem this summer. This summer I am working in the Office of the Assistant Dean of Students at my University and do not have much to do. At least not yet. As an orientation leader, things wont really pick up until late July and August. But to be completely honest, I am dreading August. It will undoubtedly be one of the most hectic months of my life. I already had to move once this summer and will have to move all of my earthly possessions back home before orientation week, because the second orientation ends I am off to Madrid. For three months. By myself. I am leaving behind friends, family and a boyfriend all of whom I'm not really ready to say goodbye to. I know it will be more than amazing... but I can't help but feel like I'm just not ready.
Other things I am doing this summer:
I am taking GRE classes. And last night I enjoyed it for the very first time!! I had a different teacher and a different group of fellow GRE takers. It made the experience much more manageable. At the end of the day I love words. While other children had brothers and sisters to play with, I, the only child, read books. I read them when I woke up, when I fell asleep, when I was in the pool or even walking up stairs (many a bruise from that one). I only did not read at the dinner table because that was not allowed. So words became my friends. I loved learning them, using them and trying to work certain words like "menopausal" into casual conversations about the weather (e.g. "I cant believe it is so cloudy today when it was so sunny yesterday!" "Yes, I know. San Diego has been rather menopausal lately").
Unfortunately my computer is about to die (what a morbid way to say your computer is running out of charge)... so I will write more later!
No comments:
Post a Comment