This is my first post! My heart is beating rather quickly. Which is interesting considering that this is just a blog. Well, I am hoping it is going to be more than just a blog, naturally, or else I would not have bothered. I am hoping that this is going to be an epic tale of life. Here I will share my thoughts, my adventures, my triumphs, my weaknesses, my lists and my life, but ultimately I will be sharing my own in between times.
What are "in between times"? I am sure we know the literal definition of "in between" however, in an effort to get a fully dimensional picture of what I mean I will tell a brief story!
It was another balmy day in Florida and we were talking about jokin about the current economy. My grandfather was the grandfather who walked up hill both ways in the snow to get to school. But in all honesty he is one of the neatest people I know. He worked three jobs to put himself through school and still managed to come out alive and with a sense of humor. A true rags to riches story. But on this particular day, with our particular economy, my grandfather claimed that he was a new story: rags to riches to rags. We all that that this was quite hilarious.
Later that evening, after digesting the days food and conversation, i began to really break down the idea of rags to riches. I wondered what happened between the rags and the riches.
What do we do with the times in between? What is the in between? When we are younger we wish to be older and when we are older we wish to be younger. When is it that we are happy? Satisfied? We are working for the weekends, waiting at stoplights and succumbing to the distractions of every day. Are we always going to be wishing for something greater? Is that just life? Is the wish to be something we aren't unavoidable? Like laundry? Or reversing a car? There is no way to avoid reversing a car. It is just something you have to do unless you wish to sit there facing a direction that is not forward.
So here I am now. Already knee deep in my own in between times. I have chosen my blog title (Times one... I thought this was particularly clever considering that this blog is called The In Between TIMES and it would only be fitting to call this TIMES 1, but it goes so much deeper! Because anything time one is that anything -this was my favorite math concept- and I am one and one times one is one and that is all I have to give you) and I have chosen the font (trebuchet, also thought this was brilliant because this is me launching into my in between times with all the power I can muster) so all I have to do is publish this post (which is perfect because I promised myself that I would go to bed on the hour) and hope that the love it was written with will find itself in you now too :)
Love,
Cornelia Caraway
No comments:
Post a Comment